Pics to come this saturday/sunday (i want to make a good one first). anyway, i think my point is that if a total food klutz like i ca make this, then anyone can. and it really does taste great!
2/3 pack chocolate ripple biscuits (double pack size)
80 grams butter (melted)
- crush biscuits
- melt butter, and stir in with biscuits.
- press into 20 cm spring form round tin (greased).
- put in fridge to harden.
500 g cream cheese (needs to be warmed to room temp)
¾ cup castor sugar
3 teaspoons gelatine (or sachet)
1/3 cup boiling water
Juice of ½ a lemon
300 mls cream (beaten to soft peaks)
3 violet crumble bars/family pack, crushed.
- beat cream cheese and castor sugar.
- melt gelatine in boiling water until dissolved. Stir constantly. Cool in fridge or freezer to room temp.
- stir the following into cream cheese mix: whipped cream, lemon juice, gelatine.
- mix in violet crumble.
- remove base from fridge (check to ensure set).
- pour filling into tin.
- refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).
Get 600ml cream, and use remaining 300 to whip and cover cheesecake. Can sprinkle left over violet crumble.
If not using non-stick, put a hot wet tea towel around outside for a few minutes.